“What Is Community Education?...Community Education brings community members together to identify and link community needs and resources in a manner that helps people to help themselves raise the quality of life in their communities…
Community Education results in:
• A responsive education system and an improved learning climate in the schools;
• Efficient and cost-effective ways of delivering education and community services;
• Broad-based community support for schools and other community agencies;
• An emphasis on special populations, such as at-risk youth and minorities; and
• Collective action among all educational and community agencies to address quality of life issues.” Written by Minnesota Community Education Association.
Secretary of Education Duncan came into office touting the ideal of community education. What he has failed to see is that it is the only method proven over time to provide sustainable school improvement because done correctly; it will end up incorporating the elements of effective schools in its improvement process.
We all must improve by taking what we have learned and applying it to what we know can bring forth real progress for kids, communities, and our country.
Mr. Secretary, you don’t have to reinvent; you need to rediscover what you already know. Get back on track to improvement and stay there. Persistence; isn’t that what the president has advised?
Pingback: Still Searching? | The Crucial Voice of the People
Pingback: To the Success of The Education Movement | The Crucial Voice of the People
Pingback: It Is This Simple | The Crucial Voice of the People